Electrical Malfunction Causes Fire at Oak Creek Home
Fire started about 9:45 a.m. Saturday in the 7900 block of S. Wynbrook Court due to an overloaded circuit and improper wiring.
An overloaded circuit and improper wiring started a fire Saturday morning in the 7900 block of S. Wynbrook Court.
According to an Oak Creek police report, a homeowner was in the living room of her residence when she smelled something burning around 9:45 a.m.
She looked out a window and saw flames coming from the ceiling of the sun room, according to the report. The Oak Creek Fire Department arrived and extinguished the fire just after 10 a.m.
Police said an electrical malfunction caused the fire. No damage estimate was given.
The fire department also responded to a garage fire on Sunday.