Get Out: A Slice of Italy at Community Center This Weekend
This weekend in Oak Creek also features a benefit for resident Kathy Podoll.
It’s Thursday, and you’re looking forward to the weekend but have no plans for how to enjoy it.
Every week, we'll list five activities that you can use to spend your done-work-outta-here time.
Here are this weekend's picks:
- Where/When: The Cellar/Friday, 3-10 p.m.
- Why Go: Stop by The Cellar to enjoy a Wisconsin tradition that guarantees no disappointment. Each fish fry is served with homemade coleslaw, breadbasket and your choice of potato pancakes, baked potato, parsley-buttered potatoes or french fries.
- Pricing: Ranges from $9.50-13.90
- Where/When: Italian Community Center/Friday, 6-11 p.m.
- Why Go: Help the Milwaukee Animal Rescue Center (MARC) by raising funds and promoting spay/neuter awareness while enjoying casino-style gaming tables, dinner, silent auction, raffle and live entertainment.
- Pricing: $40/ticket
- Where/When: All Saints Lutheran Church/Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Come enjoy a morning of vendor craft tables, a 50/50 raffle and homemade baked goods sale. Hot plate lunches and sandwiches are available for purchase.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Oak Creek Community Center/Saturday, 6-8 p.m.
- Why Go: Help raise money for children’s programs in the community while experiencing the best tastes of Italy: chicken parmesan, lasagna, four cheese penne pasta with meat sauce, Italian sausage with peppers and much more.
- Pricing: $14/adult, $12/seniors (age 60+), $6/children (ages 6-10) and free/children (age 6 and under).
- Where/When: Oak Creek American Legion/Sunday, 1-5 p.m.
- Why Go: Help support the Oak Creek Salvation Army and resident Karen Podoll, who was diagnosed with Stage II Brain Cancer. The benefit will feature raffles, silent auction items, a bake sale, a 50/50 raffle, light lunch items available for purchase and cash bar.
- Pricing: Varies, but please bring a non-perishable food item.
Since we can only include five events this weekend, we know there are quite a few that we missed. Please, list your suggestions in the comments section below.