Small Fire Breaks Out at Bootz Saloon
The establishment remains open Tuesday with only some items on the menu impacted.
A small fire broke out Tuesday morning at Bootz Saloon and Grill, 8950 S. 27th St., but the establishment is open as usual and all events are still on.
General Manager CJ Kempken told Patch the fire started from hot ashes in the barbecue pit leftover from Monday. The first worker arriving at the business noticed the smoke and called 911 just after 9 a.m.
The fire was contained and no one was injured, Kempken said.
The fire's only impact is that items normally cooked in the pit, such as ribs, brisket, smoked chicken and grilled wings, are temporarily unavailable. The kitchen otherwise remains open.