It’s Thursday, and you’re looking forward to the weekend but have no plans for how to enjoy it.
Every week, we'll list five activities that you can use to spend your done-work-outta-here time.
Here are this weekend's picks:
- Where/When: The Cellar/Friday, 3-10 p.m.
- Why Go: Stop by The Cellar to enjoy a Wisconsin tradition that guarantees no disappointment. Each fish fry is served with homemade coleslaw, breadbasket and your choice of potato pancakes, baked potato, parsley-buttered potatoes or french fries.
- Pricing: Ranges from $9.50-13.90
- Where/When: Italian Community Center/Friday, 6-11 p.m.
- Why Go: Help the Milwaukee Animal Rescue Center (MARC) by raising funds and promoting spay/neuter awareness while enjoying casino-style gaming tables, dinner, silent auction, raffle and live entertainment.
- Pricing: $40/ticket
- Where/When: All Saints Lutheran Church/Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Come enjoy a morning of vendor craft tables, a 50/50 raffle and homemade baked goods sale. Hot plate lunches and sandwiches are available for purchase.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Oak Creek Community Center/Saturday, 6-8 p.m.
- Why Go: Help raise money for children’s programs in the community while experiencing the best tastes of Italy: chicken parmesan, lasagna, four cheese penne pasta with meat sauce, Italian sausage with peppers and much more.
- Pricing: $14/adult, $12/seniors (age 60+), $6/children (ages 6-10) and free/children (age 6 and under).
- Where/When: Oak Creek American Legion/Sunday, 1-5 p.m.
- Why Go: Help support the Oak Creek Salvation Army and resident Karen Podoll, who was diagnosed with Stage II Brain Cancer. The benefit will feature raffles, silent auction items, a bake sale, a 50/50 raffle, light lunch items available for purchase and cash bar.
- Pricing: Varies, but please bring a non-perishable food item.
Since we can only include five events this weekend, we know there are quite a few that we missed. Please, list your suggestions in the comments section below.