It’s Thursday, and you’re looking forward to the weekend but have no plans for how to enjoy it.
Each Thursday, we'll list five activities that you can use to spend your done-work-outta-here time.
Here are this weekend's picks.
- Where/When: Mitchell Park Conservatory (The Domes)/Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Maybe Thursday isn't technically the weekend yet, but it's a good way to go into it. This week will feature Christopher's Project, a mix of R&B, jazz, and original music.
- Pricing: $6.50 for adults, $5 for students and seniors.
- Where/When: /Friday afternoon
- Why Go: People age 60 and older can enjoy any movie with a start time before 5:30 p.m. for a special admission price every Friday.
- Pricing: $4
- Where/When: /Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Why Go: For a day of shopping for gifts and inspiration.
- Pricing: Free admission; items available for purchase.
- Prom the Ball 2011 Fundraiser
- Where/When: The Pfister Grand Ballroom/Saturday, 6:30-11:30p.m.
- Why Go: Relive or redo your prom experience and support the Milwaukee Ballet. The evening includes a Royal Prom Court Banquet, a live auction and crowning of prom king and prom queen. Open dancing follows afterward at the post prom.
- Pricing: $300-975
- Salsa Sundays
- Where/When: BYO Studio in Bay View/Sunday, 8 p.m. (Beginner lessons start at 8p.m, with intermediate and advanced lessons at 8:30p.m.)
- Why Go: The socializing, dancing, culture, hand-crafted cocktails, and delicious chips and salsa.
- Pricing: Free
Since we can only include five events this weekend, we know there are quite a few that we missed. Please list them in the comments section below.