.

Fire Destroys Garage, Damages Home

Authorities are not sure what caused a fire in the 2200 block of E. Oak Street Sunday night. Residents were able to evacuate with no injuries.

A fire Sunday night in the 2200 block of E. Oak Street destroyed a garage and caused significant smoke damage inside the home.

The home's owners were watching television in the living room about 6:30 p.m. when they smelled smoke. After racing outside, they went to the garage and found a small fire in the southeast corner.

They were able to remove their vehicles, their dog and evacuate with no injuries. According to a police report, some siding on a neighboring house was also melted.

One of the residents told Patch they were surprised by the fire and still do not know the cause or estimated damage. The American Red Cross put them up at a hotel while work on their house continues.

The resident said he was happy no one was injured and praised the for its response.

OC Knight May 22, 2012 at 02:43 AM
The Brew must be a very lucky person. If something like this had ever happened to you, I'm sure you would not have considered the emergency response a "joke" or the fire "little".
Mr.Ed May 22, 2012 at 02:58 AM
Thanks OCFD. Glad no one was hurt.
Patriot May 22, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Im gald nobody was hurt!!! That is def some scary stuff!! Way to go OCFD!!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »