.

Roof Damaged in House Fire

A chimney fire Saturday afternoon on S. Chicago Road did not cause injuries, but did lead to damage to the home.

A chimney fire Saturday afternoon in the 8900 block of S. Chicago Road caused damage to the roof of the home.

The homeowner, a 60-year-old man, told police he was burning some paper and twigs in the fireplace about noon, according to an Oak Creek police report.

He later went outside with his dog and noticed smoke coming from the chimney, but didn't think anything of it, according to the report. However, when he took a second dog outside, he saw smoke coming from the roof. That's when he called 911 and alerted his family to leave the house.

A fire had started in the chimney near the attic area of the home, police said. Oak Creek firefighters arrived about 12:45 p.m. and reported heavy smoke and visible flames.

The American Red Cross and We Energies also responded to the fire. No one was injured; the amount of damage was unknown.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something