The Oak Creek-Franklin School Board approved a host of class additions, subtractions and changes at Oak Creek High School for the 2013-14 school year.
A rundown of the new courses and changes:
- Changed name of Jewelry and Jewelry Workshop courses to Art Metals and Art Metals Workshop
- Eliminate Programming Concepts — Java (incorporating this into Introduction of Programming course)
- Changed name of Programming Concepts 2 course to Introduction to Graphical Programming
- Added Advanced Graphical Programming course
- Changed prerequisites of AP Computer Science course
- Added Mathematics of Financial Literacy course
- Eliminated Drafting 3, Residential Architecture and Commercial Architecture and added Project Lead the Way: Civil Engineering and Architecture as a weighted course.
- Added Parenting course at Connects Learning Center as an elective
- Added Life Skills course at Connects Learning Center as an elective
The School Board also approved a Math in the Technical Fields course that will begin in the second semester of this school year.