Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The Oak Creek Fire Department quickly knocked down a fire early Tuesday morning in a home on Parknoll Drive.
The Oak Creek Fire Department worked quickly to put out a basement fire early Tuesday morning and prevent serious damage to a home on Parknoll Drive. The fire, which started about 3:30 a.m., is still under investigation, Fire Chief Tom Rosandich said. The residents of the home, north of E. Puetz Road, evacuated and were not injured. The house sustained some smoke damage, according to CBS 58.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Three Oak Creek residents were forced from their home after a fire on Ryan Road Friday night.
A home in the 500 block of E. Ryan Road sustained about $50,000 in damage after a fire in the kitchen Friday night. A 41-year-old Oak Creek man said he and his family were cooking dinner when they left a pan with grease on it unattended, according to the Oak Creek Police Department logbook. The grease likely spilled over onto the hot stove and caught fire, the man said. When an officer arrived just after 6 p.m., the three occupants of the home were outside the house and flames and smoke were visible on the inside, according to the logbook. Oak Creek firefighters got the fire under control at 6:24 p.m. The American Red Cross and We Energies also responded. The tenants of the home told police they were able to make arrangements to stay …
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
A fire destroyed a garage and damaged part of an attached home at 10130 S. Warwick Drive Wednesday.
Updated 7:25 a.m. Thursday An investigation into an Oak Creek garage fire has begun. According to Oak Creek city records, Imad Sarsour is the property owner at 10130 S. Warwick Drive, the site of a fire that broke out about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. He is related to Jamil Sarsour, the listed owner of the property at 1227 W. Vliet St. in Milwaukee where a massive five-alarm fire began earlier Wednesday morning. Imad Sarsour also owns property in the 1200 block of W. Vliet St., according to property records. Neither Imad nor Jamil Sarsour, who made headlines back in 2003 for alleged ties to killings in Israel, could be reached for comment Wednesday. According to CBS 58, the family released a statement saying "there is no reason for us to …
Monday, May 21, 2012
Authorities are not sure what caused a fire in the 2200 block of E. Oak Street Sunday night. Residents were able to evacuate with no injuries.
A fire Sunday night in the 2200 block of E. Oak Street destroyed a garage and caused significant smoke damage inside the home. The home's owners were watching television in the living room about 6:30 p.m. when they smelled smoke. After racing outside, they went to the garage and found a small fire in the southeast corner. They were able to remove their vehicles, their dog and evacuate with no injuries. According to a police report, some siding on a neighboring house was also melted. One of the residents told Patch they were surprised by the fire and still do not know the cause or estimated damage. The American Red Cross put them up at a hotel while work on their house continues. The resident said he was happy no one was injured and praised…
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Dryer reportedly the cause of fire on Amber Lane.
An Oak Creek home on Amber Lane was damaged overnight after a fire started in a dryer, according to a report from Fox 6. The family was able to get out safely, though they were taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation, according to the report. Firefighters contained the fire to the basement. The home is near Puetz Road and Shepard Avenue. Click here for the full report.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Police estimate $10,000 total loss.
A fire at Jim Dandy's on Wednesday caused an estimated $10,000 in losses, according to an Oak Creek police report. The fire was initially reported at 6:25 p.m. An employee noticed flames by the back door and put it out with a garden hose, police said. The fire caused the basement to fill with smoke, but damage was contained to a small area near an outside wall, according to the report. A second call came in at 7:30 p.m., with the caller reporting smoke again filling the basement, the report said. The Oak Creek Fire Department responded and removed a 3-foot-by-3-foot section of the floor to check for an extension of the fire. Structural damage was estimated at $5,000. Total loss (smoke damage, food loss, etc.) is estimated at $10,000. The …